Sunrise Veterinary Services has two full-time large animal vets plus two mixed animal veterinarians to provide your livestock with everything from herd health evaluation and consultation, yearly vaccinations, sick animal visits, and 24 hour emergency service.
Daily Herd Health Program
From the day your calves are born, we work with you to provide herd health consultation, customized vaccination plans, and reproductive services for your herd. Utilizing hand-held ultrasound, we provide pregnancy diagnosis as early as 28 days. We use BoviSync for record keeping and analysis.
On Farm Treatment
Sunrise Veterinary Services will provide diagnosis of diseases and implementation of appropriate treatments for your animals. This includes treatment for pneumonia, mastitis, uterine infections, and much more. All dairy farms are provided with an on-farm ‘Treatment Record Book’ to log all treatments given by the veterinarians. Milk and meat withholds are also included in these record books. We understand the importance of keeping you compliant with AMDUCA, federal, state, and creamery rules.
Sunrise Veterinary Services provides consulting services on new building designs, ventilation systems, vaccination, and treatment protocols. We are familiar with the F.A.R.M. program and many other humane treatment initiatives. We are happy to help you with troubleshooting any problems on the farm such as fertility, mastitis, production, calf diseases, and so on.
On Farm Surgeries
Sunrise Veterinarians perform surgery to repair displaced abomasums, roll & tack DA procedures, cesarean sections, umbilical hernia repairs, enucleations, prolapses, castrations, as well as many other procedures on-farm.
Sunrise Veterinarians will assist you with processing your cattle. We will perform vaccinations, castrations, implanting, deworming, tattooing, tagging, dehorning, Brucellosis (Bangs) and other vaccinations. We also provide experienced help via our skilled veterinary technicians who are great at moving cattle, giving shots, and working the chute.
Sunrise Veterinary Services is equipped and skilled at obstetrical work. Our veterinarians can handle difficult calvings, fetotomies, prolapses, uterine torsions and more.
- Breeding soundness exams on breeding age bulls (BSE’s).
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection C.V.I. (“Health Papers”) and ID Tags for both Inter- & Intra- State transport.
- Failure of Passive Transfer testing to assess colostral antibody transfer.
- Humane euthanasia options
- In-house diagnostics & Referral labs
- Post-mortem exams with sampling for lab diagnostics when necessary
- Tranquilizer gun or pole syringe for treating fractious cattle, when other options are unavailable
- Available to our clients is a supply and prescription drug catalog & on-line service which provides shipping directly to your farm.
- A monthly producer newsletter is mailed each month with billing. This newsletter contains timely information and many current events or concerns in the industry.
- We love to host producer meetings to help educate and to keep you up to date on current issues, treatments, and options.
We offer a very limited amount of routine equine work. Call the clinic with questions.
We provide full services for small ruminants which include:
- Fecal egg counts and deworming programs
- OB services- cesarean sections
- Fracture Repairs
- Routine Vaccines
- In-house diagnostics & Referral Labs
Large Animal Equipment For Rent
- Portable Chute with scale
- Portable Tub system
- Hydraulic chute for large jobs
- Cattle Sling
- Hip Lifts
We offer a selection of products that can be purchased at our front desk. If you don’t see what you need, we are happy to place an order for you!
Just a few examples include:
- Fly control
- Parasite control (Eprinex)
- Calf treatments
- Syringe guns
- Calf blankets
- Paint sticks
- Mastitis tubes